Wednesday, May 13, 2009

McKenzie's Baptism

It's hard to believe that I have a daughter old enough to be baptized. That seems like such a grown up thing, like driving a mini van.

McKenzie's baptism was wonderful. Dave's dad, stepmom, mom and two of his sisters came. My parent's and brother and Nikki and her parents, as well as some of our friends from Spokane. McKenzie was so excited and looked so beautiful in her white dress. I think she felt so grown up and important. Having only attended convert baptisms in the past, I felt a little unprepared for a stake youth baptism. It felt like we were really just winging it. Unable to scrape up any musical families among those being baptized the stake primary presidency opts for all the kids to sing. Only this ends up being a little last minute. Like hey kids go up and sing "when I am baptized". It was cute but a litte funny to watch all of their bewildered little faces. Not that my spotlight was much better. I'd written out this cute two page spotlight on McKenzie, then when I got up there in front of the small congregation I totally freaked and skimmed through hitting key parts. Prettty sad.


My parents and my litte family



Me, Dave, and the kids in the hall afterwards. I'd wanted to take some pictures by the temple but of course it was pouring rain.




Dave's parents and our family.

I'm so proud of McKenzie's decision to be baptized. I know that she has made the right decision and it will bring her such joy. We love you Kenzie!






2 comments:

The Patty Cake House said...

That is so awesome McKenzie!!! You looked beautiful in your white dress!!!

Just a side note - Liz you look soooo amazing! You have not aged a day and neither has your mom!!! She looks exactly the way I remember her!!! You have a beautiful little family!!!!

Campbells said...

I am so happy I come Kenz! Love you all!