Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Farts are funny

I knew this day would come. I naively thought my sweet little boy would forever be innocent. He'd never be like those other little boys that think every bodily funtion is absolutely hysterical. We wouldn't have conversations about poop, farts, and bums. Wrong. Greg has always liked to keep me posted on his every move, which now includes farting. I'll be cleaning in one room and Greg will come flying "Mom I farted!" grinning away. Then he'll wait expectantly for an answer. I usually muster up a sarcastic "great" all the while wondering exactly what it is he's waiting for.

Now everything can be made even funnier. Peanut butter and fart sandwiches! Poop snacks! Its never ending. Today he was eating a fruit by the foot and I noticed there was trivia on the paper as he ate it. I asked "hey Greggers, can I read your paper while you eat?" He said "Yeah you can read my pooper mom." Then busted out laughing. "I said pooper!" hahahaha. "Mom read my pooper!" hahaha For the next twenty minutes I could hear him randomly say to himself "read my pooper" then chuckle and shake his head. Seriously where did this child come from? When he plays with his friend David their conversations somehow have poop and farts attached to every comment.

I had also hoped to somehow avoid that other magical boy right of passage, peeing everywhere. I have taken great care to teach Greg how to pee, sitting on the toilet backwards, so he doesn't get it everywhere. I figured in a year or two he could learn about peeing standing. I told him peeing stading was only for outside. A week or two ago Dave taught him to pee standing. After he peed all over the wall at the occupational therapists I told him he should only pee standing when we were at the store. Obviously that didn't work since peeing standing is far cooler. Now when he's preparing to go he begins by pointing it up at the ceiling! When I yell frantically "point it down! point it down!", he sighs then dejectedly says "yeah" before properly taking aim. I'm a little concerned that he's set himself some secret goal of hitting the ceiling. One day when he doesn't want me in there anymore I'm a little scared of what I'll find.

7 comments:

The Patty Cake House said...

I am so glad that I am not the only mother who has a little boy like --- actually I have three little boys like that. :O) so funny

Porter Family said...

I am so sick and tired of cleaning up puddles of pee on the floor. Ashlyn has even started saying things like, "Payson, put your pee pee in the potty!" And she thinks farts are hilarious, too, so it must be something about those palouse conceived kids.

Heather said...

I guess there is one good thing about Mason still not talking enough to come up with these conversations that every mother hopes they escape. Good luck in the peeing area. Emma saw Shawn pee a few weeks ago and later that day she comes to me and said she dripped pee. When asked what she was doing "trying to pee like Daddy". One more reason to make sure she's not in the bathroom with Daddy. Fun times :)

Campbells said...

Good times! Both of my girls think that farting is funny! And any bodily function actually!

Shaila Lou said...

I was so sad the day Malcolm learned to pee standing. So far I teach them to pee sitting, and Quinn didn't take long to stand, since he saw Malcolm doing it. Ugh...boys!!

Celeste said...

Yeah maybe Greg is a bad influence on my innocent little David... maybe I should banish David from playing with him! Well, they are boys and I'm sure he will learn it one way or another and I can't give up our friendship just yet, so OKAY they can keep playing together!

Who knows? Maybe David taught GREG!

The Shelton's said...

Oh, he is so aiming for the ceiling girlfriend! I have six brothers. They used to see who could pee the farthest up the wall in the bathroom and they also used to play lightsavers with their streams of pee. I always thought it odd that they all wanted to go to the bathroom together, only girls do that right? Nope, boys do it too and I won't tell you what age they stopped!!