Monday, April 13, 2009

McKenzie's super belated birthday

Being the super procrastinator that I am I am just now getting around to posting Kenzie's birthday. Maybe I should adopt anti-procrastination day from Celeste. :) I pulled some old cds of pictures a good week ago but its so much work to put them in and all I just couldn't get around to posting some old pictures of Kenzie.

Its hard to believe McKenzie is 8! She is growing to be such a beautiful little girl. Sometimes I don't think I know where the time has gone. She's super smart and picked up the reading bug from her mom. She is so excited to be baptized in a few weeks. She loves to give family home evening lessons and picks up everything she learns in church. Everytime I talk to her teacher she goes on and on about what a good example McKenzie is to everyone in her class and what a great leader she is. Her classmates always say she is the nicest kid in class. Its hard to believe my little baby is turning into such a young lady. I know one of these days I'll turn around and she'll be all grown up.
A recent picture of McKenzie I took in the backyard before her choir concert.


McKenzie age 3. Fall pics at UI


Kenzie blowing bubbles outside our apartment in Logan. I just love this picture of her.


Kenzie's end of preschool celebration, her first year of preschool.

Happy 8th birthday McKenzie! Sorry mom's late as always.

5 comments:

The Patty Cake House said...

Oh she is so cute!!! She is growing into quite a beautiful little girl. Happy late birthday! :)

Campbells said...

I love the picture in the leaves, I remember that day well, it seems not that long ago. Tell her I did not forget her, I have something for her that I am planning on giving her when I come! Happy Birthday Kenz!

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday, Kenz! I can't believe she is 8! I really can't. I remember when we both first moved to Pullman and You had two kids and Nik and I each had one, and we all though that Kenzie was this very grown-up child . . . and she was just three! Where in the heck has the time gone? Look at us all now!! Kenzie is just one of the sweetest kids I've ever known. How exciting that she is being baptized soon!

Mandy said...

Oh! And hey, have you heard of the Just Between Friends Sale? Check out jbfsale.com if you don't know what I'm talking about. Anyways, it is this weekend in Spokane and I am coming. Are you going? Want to go with me? We could get together and let our kids play too before or after, we would love it. I was thinking Saturday for the sale. Let me know what you think. I'll call you sometime this week too.

Kristin said...

Ah happy birthday to our little nursery favorite. I can't believe she's that old... :) You have the most darling children, have I told you that?