Monday, January 12, 2009

So....where's the Wii?

So I know you've all been waiting on the edge of your seats for me to update my blog since we lead such an incredibly thrilling life. Somehow all of my spare time lately has been sucked up into some sort of black hole where clean socks have become a luxury.
Christmas is so fun with little kids. They are just so excited and full of hope and expectations with none of the worry. Greggers has gotten really excited about Thomas the Train since hanging out with his little buddy Cameron. He was so sure that Santa was going to bring him one. But since he doesn't really have any concept of time (he thinks everyday is Sunday) every time there was new box in the livingroom or a new gift wrapped under the tree, he would come sprinting into our room announcing "Santa brought me my Thomas Train!" Then we'd have to explain that no it wasn't Christmas yet we just wrapped a present or two. So Christmas morning when he came out and saw that Thomas set he literally did a dance for joy. He was spinning and jumping and whooping in a circle. It was the best day of his life. Now Hailey came out and saw Greg got his beloved train and she'd gotten her coveted over priced Princess Barbie and suv for the dollhouse and Kenzie gotten what she'd asked for and assumed her every wish was fulfilled. It went something like this "Hey Santa brought by Barbie. And my dollhouse van." Looking around the living room "so where's the Wii?" I had no response except laughter. See a few weeks before Christmas the girls had decided they wanted a Wii since their friends had them. Unfortunately Santa was done shopping and lacked the budget for a Wii. Hailey in her childlike innocence had assumed since she got everything else surely the Wii was somewhere.



Hailey in her "Fancy Nancy" outfit. The skirt and top are sparkly (of course) and there's a super sparkly purse to match. If its glittery she wants it.


Connor first Santa present. He only likes the walking toy if we lock it so it won't move. I see those Paulitz wussy genes are strong.


Kenzie and her eyeclops she wanted so much. Its some magnifier you hook to your tv and things are 200 times bigger. Its actually pretty disgusting.


Greggers and the before mentioned dance of joy. Its hard to really capture it on a photo but it was great. Unfortunately Santa misjudged the size of the toy as it looks much smaller on the box. When it was assembled Christmas Eve it turned out to be the size of his toddler bed. Maybe a few inches bigger. I guess I can't blame my brother for his oversized toys he sends anymore.


Greg and McKenzie playing in the snow. As you can see Greg enjoys it as much as he did last year. Well worth all the snow clothes we bought him for the two times he went out. I guess it didn't help that it was up to his chest.


Hailey buried in the snow. The girls thought all the snow was great. Only Kenzie about had a panic attack when the carports started collapsing. (ours is fine, luckily)


Connors first Santa picture. He looks so very excited!


Greg and Eli on New Year's Eve. These two are both so obsessed with Cars. We put the movie in for them and they were quoting along with it. We had more fun watching them watch the movie than anything else.

My dad snowboarding in his front yard. I think this is about as far as he made it but for Dad pretty impressive. I made it all the way to the bottom of the hill a time or two without falling.


Tim's wife Jackie snowboarding in the yard. Tim the kid my mother used to have to drag in from the snow hardly came out. His California bred wife who had never seen the snow would stay out for an hour at a time. Go figure.


I came home from work one day to find these two sitting in the kitchen with an empty pie plate between them and two forks.
Hailey's Wii story has a happy ending. At my parent's house that afternoon one gift was a treasure hunt. At the end was a Wii for our family from my sisters and brother in law. Not knowing what was at the end, I didn't have a camera. It would have been as good as Greg's dance for joy. When the end of the package was opened and McKenzie saw what it was her mouth hung open and she held her breath until she was bright red and we all screamed at her to breathe. The kid had tears in her eyes she was so happy. I guess if Santa fails you always have aunts.










3 comments:

Campbells said...

I like the picture of your dad in the front yard, classic! Also, Greggers is such a wimp! I can't believe he still hates the snow! I thought he would of out grown it by now! Da will probaly go back to calling him greggarina when he reads this! Love you Greggers!

Heather said...

What a happy ending...you can always depend on the family to catch what Santa dropped. This year for Emma, it was a blue horse..go figure. The Wii would have been much more fun:)

Unknown said...

Hey now, in my defense, I was sick with a cold! Jackie and I were both sick for like a week at least after we (finally) got home.