Sunday, April 6, 2008

Warding off vampires

Hailey and Greggers must be secretly reading my Twilight books and developing a fear of vampires. Because they felt the need to make our clothes garlic scented. I popped open the dryer last night to move laundry and out pops a bunch of garlic cloves. At first I was baffled, then as I dug around I found what appeared to be an entire head of garlic, broken into cloves and all the little peels in the lint trap. Dave came out to see what I was mad about and said oh yeah Hailey said something about putting something in the dryer. Apparantly, during their morning hunt for food we inadvertantly left out, they decided it might be fun to throw garlic in the dryer. I must not of noticed because I dried a load of laundry with it. Not only does that load reek, the dryer does too and I'm afraid to use it. I don't want everything to smell like we've been eating at the White House every meal. I swear those two will get into anything. The garlic isn't down low. I'm thinking of buying those grizzly proof food canisters backpackers get and keeping all of our food hung from the ceiling in those.

7 comments:

Mandy said...

At least it wasn't onions. That would be worse maybe. I think the bear things are a good idea.

Shaila Lou said...

Oh man that's funny...but sucks!! Hope you can get the smell out of the dryer and clothes!! Kids...silent and deadly!

Porter Family said...

You could write a book for moms on what to do when things like that happen. You'd obviously be the expert since you have Hay and she does stuff no kid would ever think of doing by themselves...:) I'd definitely buy a copy. Do they make a febreeze strong enough for garlic? You should call the white house and see what they use to get the stink out of their clothes.

Campbells said...

Good old Hay! What a genuis she is. I really do miss her, hey when you guys come this weekend, check hay's pockets to make sure she does not smuggle any garlic into my dryer.

chuck and april said...

i love hailey stories!! i miss them.

Porter Family said...

I need you to email me so I can add you on our safe list. budporterfamily@yahoo.com Have a fun weekend with Nik!

chuck and april said...

don't you love the books too???