Friday, April 4, 2008

More tales from the ghetto

So this afternoon I call one of McKenzie's friends mom's to find out if the little girl is coming over tomorrow. This poor child's mother has a song called "Horny like a rock star" playing for her message. Seriously. At first I thought I was hearing wrong. Surely this is not really her answering machine. But by the second time through (those are the only words, apparently she selected the chorus for her message) I knew I was hearing right. Who does that? Crack dealers? Pimps? This woman has children for pete's sakes. I certainly hope she changes the message before the kids know what it means. I mean sure me and Nik had songs for our message before. Things like Anne Murray and Lionel Richie. But I think "Hello is it me your looking for" is a lot better than "Horny like a rock star." Is there a polite way to tell someone that they are not giving the impression that they will make stellar friends for my child? I guess all get togethers will be at my house. If that's her public persona heaven only knows what she plays around the house.

4 comments:

Shaila Lou said...

That is so annoying. I'm so scared of my kids making friends...seriously. I won't ever let my kids go to someone's house unless I know them. Hopefully she doesn't play that stuff around her children...which I'm sure she does...I just hope!

Porter Family said...

Um, yikes. That is just wrong. I guess it could have been worse, I just haven't figured out how yet.

Campbells said...

Those were the good old days thinking of songs for our answering machine! I love Anne Murray and of course Lionel Ritchie too.

chuck and april said...

lionel richie!! you guys!! you crack me up!! poor little girl. her mom is hoochie.