Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Awkward Moments

What do you say to your neighbor after you get them arrested? I called the cops on our upstairs neighbors last night after an alarming amount of noise and the kids screaming. The guy got arrested, but I hear him up there now so he's back. He has to know it was me that called the police. That and I spied out the window the whole time, and eaves dropped as well as I could. And I think he saw me hiding up there when he was waiting to get loaded into the patrol car. So what do I say when I run into him on the stairwell? Hey sorry about getting you arrested last night. So how was prison? Good, good, well see you later. Yeah that seems like an awkward conversation for sure. Maybe I'll sprint to my car for the next week. I can open the door and tell the kids to run for it. Oh well I'm off to the store so I must leave the confines of my apartment, like I said who needs cable?

4 comments:

Shaila Lou said...

Wow, that will be ackward!! Liz, you are having some very crazy things happening there. I think you need to move back here. We miss you and then you don't have to live by these crazies!!

So one time one of our neighbors got arrested down the road. My step dad starts singing out the open window "bad boys bad boys what you gonna do"! It was quite hilarious.

Porter Family said...

Ummm...what would I do? Move. I'm pretty non-confrontational that way, especially when I would inevitably be confronting someone who could be packing some heat. Are you secretly making this stuff up so Nik misses you more and feels sorry for you? :) email me so I can add you on our private list. budporterfamily@yahoo.com Unless you don't want to be added. In that case, nice knowing you. :)

Campbells said...

Um, well I think Shaila is right and you should just move back. Also, I think that you should try the running for your van trick, that should work pretty well.

chuck and april said...

wow and i thought the crazy lady was crazy. crazy has an all new meaning now! how weird. oh and sorry i said your connor's name was collin a while back in a comment. did you find out what was going on upstairs?