Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Missing the Campbells



Sunday evening I was playing dollhouse with the girls and all of a sudden Hailey got so sad. I asked her what was wrong and she said "I saw a picture of Maddie and it made me think about her and miss her and now I'm sad." It was so sweet. So we called the Campbells right up, Hailey told Maddie that she missed her and loved her and then she was instantly fine. Then they make a whole bunch of plans they'll never do (sounds like me and Nik) and life was good again. Then I see Greggers walking around talking on the phone to Sadie talking about who knows what for 20 minutes. Its like living in a house full of pint sized teenagers. Even the mention of Sadie, Maddie, or Eli is enough to send Greg running the window to look for them. He'll stand there with his little face pressed up against the glass saying "Sa Sa coming Mom!" Over and over until I finally tell him no not today and he melts it tears. After Sunday's sadness incident, I put the Maddie picture in a frame for Hailey. Now she randomly runs over to kiss her picture and then right back to playing. Maybe it makes her feel like Maddie's with her.

5 comments:

Campbells said...

Poor Hay! It makes me so sad for her. That night that you guys called, maddie talked to Hay, and than when Sa got on the phone with Greggers, Da said he was going to have to pick up a hobby since his entire family would be talking to the Huismans on a regular basis. I am sure he is remembering the days of our 5 hour phone calls and timing that by three! Tell Hay that Maddie loves her picture and looks at it all the time, and also wants to call at least three times a day!

Shaila Lou said...

So sad and so sweet all at the same time. At least she can have a picture! So cute that they all want to talk to each other!

Mandy said...

Oh! That is so sad. Missing someone is such a tough emotion, it's really hard for adults let alone such little kids. You really have very sweet kids. I hope you can meet some good friends there.

Porter Family said...

Now I'll never be able to call Nik again. Whenever I called and got a busy signal, I just assumed she was on the phone with you. Now I'll have to call at 3 am just to get her on the phone! At least your dream of being backyard neighbors for life can possibly be carried out through Maddie and Hay while Greggers and Sa get married. What a great idea!

chuck and april said...

that just breaks my heart. even kurtis and blake still miss all of you. i would love to have a reunion one day while they are still young. i think they would all love it. and see, jared is so close collin and jack's age. so they can all still be friends too.