Sunday, April 11, 2010

Cross Your Fingers

I've gotten so sucked into the house hunting and all of the stress and frustration that I haven't posted in a while. I've called it my house hunting hell. It seems like you look and look for one sapphire in a pile of crappers. Let me tell you we've seen some "special" homes. After 6 weeks and dragging two very crabby, tortured little boys all over Spokane, we finally found our home. I think I'm supposed to feel relieved now, but escrow is a giant waiting game, and I am not good at waiting. I flip from anxiety over some potential bank disaster, and panic when I realize I will no longer be able to call my landlord so he can come fix things when he feels like it. I can't wait to finally be able to do what I want with a place. And Dave and I are secretly relishing the opportunity to finally put our little force of indentured servants to work. Hopefully by the end of April we will be homeowners.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

So exciting! Way to get in there in time for the tax credit! Where is it at? How many rooms? What kind of yard? So fun!

Celeste said...

How exciting! I'm so happy for you guys! Of course I'm going to miss having you so close! I'm crossing my fingers for you too!

Heather said...

There is nothing like becoming first time home buyers! There is nothing like owning your own home. Hang in there! The waiting isn't as bad as I thought that it would be. Think of all the packing you now have a head of you. That will keep you busy.

Happy Homeownership! Please post pictures soon!
PS. My verification word today: psych. How weird.