Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Scary Hair

Back in high school I used to get teased about my giant hair all the time. Its practically the same hairstyle now as it was then. One of my friends upon being able to locate me by the back of my head said "Oh Liz we can recognize you by your hair." In a school of silken haired girls, mine crazy curls were like a beacon of dorkdom. Apparantly it lives on in a more sinister way. I teach the valiant 10's in Primary (basically Sunday School for kids.) On Sundayy a boy in class randomly blurts out, "I used to be scared of your hair." What?! He goes on "yeah I'd sit in church and see you and thought your hair and your kids were really scary. Once I asked my mom who's that lady with scary hair and kids, she looks mean. But I don't think you're mean now that your my teacher." Umm thanks? Glad to know my hair frightens children.

5 comments:

The Patty Cake House said...

I've always LOVED your hair!!!! :) Remember when we tried to straighten it.... curls were much better!!!! :)

Campbells said...

That is so funny!!

Mandy said...

haha! That's a hilarious story! I have lots of awesome comments on my hair stories - mostly just about it being ugly, not scary. That's so funny. I love your hair though. Curls are cool.

Celeste said...

I'm dyin over here! That is hilarious about the kid in your class. Gotta love those stories! Thanks for sharing!

Rachel said...

ha ha ha ha!