Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Fall

We always take the kids up to Manito Park in the spring and summer but it is just beautiful in the fall. They hadn't raked the leaves up yet and it so pretty. We went to an area we don't usually go to since we usually stick to the pond and flower gardens and there was this whole quiet, grassy section with all of these leaves. It was just a perfect fall day.

Sadly this is the best picture I got of all 4 kids. My camera batteries died and I didn't have any backups. I even asked a couple of other people I'd seen around with cameras for some but no luck.

Mmm leaves. Nothing like a little extra fiber in your diet there buddy. Hailey loves her baby.


I just love this picture of Connor. Dave has decided his new nickname will be Chubs in honor of the original Chubs since our boy is living up to that nickname quite nicely.


We took the kids up to Hidden Acres apple orchard to get apples and pumpkins a few weekends ago. I'd wanted to go back to Walter's where we'd always gond as kids but it has turned into some sort of shopping mall for people who want to pretend they did something outdoorsy. They have a parking director, huge crowds, and when I tried to go into the store to I got shoved around by women in leather jackets and high heeled boots. Hello this is an apple farm not Nordstroms! Needless to say I was disappointed that my childhood memories were not going to be lived up to, so we left for less fancy pastures.
The kids enjoying their cart ride courtesy of Dave.




We had been pumping up this hayride with the farmer all afternoon, the kids were so excited especially Greg. Like any smart parent we saved it for last so we'd have something to hold over their heads for good behavior. Only when we got to the hayride, the driver was leaving. I chased him down and asked if he was doing anymore. He was on his way home. So I gave him this sad story about how excited my kids were and my little boy who was so looking forward to it. Then to clinch the deal I pointed over at my kids who were all standing so forlornly by the tractor (they had some pretty genuinely sad faces on). The poor guy didn't stand a chance. He was like geesh I can't say no to that and hopped back on his tractor. Thanks hay ride driver! You made their day. He even sang farm songs the whole time.


Hailey was our pumpkin hauler. She ran back and forth between the cart and the other kids carrying pumpkins. Surprisingly (or maybe not so much) after all this and a soccer game she still came home bursting with energy. Go figure.






6 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh my goodness, Connor is getting so big. He actually has some HAIR. Wow. I love your fall pictures. Kenzie is so cute with her missing tooth. Way to make the hay ride happen!!!

Campbells said...

I miss the old days when we used to go out and take family pics together in the leaves. Oh, and the walk by the instiute building, I bet that place was great just a few weeks ago.

Heather said...

Cute pictures! I love fall time pictures. They always turn out so well!

Porter Family said...

Cute! I love the fall with all that fun stuff to do. By the way, Happy Birthday!

Shaila Lou said...

Beautiful fall day! Love the leave pictures!

shurnuandbeagsly said...

I agree with Nik...it was nice to have each other to talk our family pictures. We had some fun days up at Greenbluff too...sadly they're gone now...too rainy.