Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Being Late

So most of you know that I have a chronic lateness problem. It seems no matter how hard I try or how much time I give myself, I am still late. There is always a reason, but I'm sure it just sounds like I'm making excuses most of the time.

To reinterate my point let me share with you today's experience. We had an appointment to meet with our new landlord at noon. I ran down to warm up the car while I got shoes and coats on. I got Connor ready, then went to snag Greg, only to find that he'd used this short window of time to poop in his underwear. Never a quick cleanup. I raced through as quickly as I could and redressed him. As I'm putting Greg's shoes back on, Connor crawls by with a very telling odor. Are you kidding me?! By the time I get my second stinky boy changed and redressed its now the time we should be there. Had they held out for half an hour we could have been on time. It seems like no matter what I do, I destined to be late.

6 comments:

Smelly Moose said...

Good times. So, you found a place to live? WHERE?? Is it in MY ward??? When do you move?

Heather said...

My three all poop about the same time...so if one goes, the other two follow soon after. Maybe you should start trying to be 20 min. early, and then when these little poops show up, you can still be close to on time:) Good luck with your move. I'm glad your getting away from your crazy housebound neighbors!

The Patty Cake House said...

Liz you are absolutely the cutest thing EVER!!!! I love the family picture - so cute!!!! You are more beautiful than I remember! :O)

Campbells said...

you are so late all the time liz I am really not suprised to tell you the truth(plus you told me on the phone yesterday) :) tell greggers that nikki will send him something special in the mail just for him if he is a very big boy and has no accidents for a week!

The Shelton's said...

hey you!! love the poop story. i just realized when i was entering some phone numbers in my cell phone last night that i don't have your home number written down anywhere and it's not in the stake directory!! aahh!! call me!! we usually plan to get together at church but we're not in the same ward anymore and where are you moving!! call me!!

chuck and april said...

ahhh come on liz. we already know this about you. and look, we still love you. :) so did you get a new place???