Saturday, December 6, 2008

Oh Santa!

Tonight at the ward party we were singing "With Wondering Awe." During the chorus it says "Hosanna, hosanna, hosanna to his name." I noticed Greggers was singing something different. His version goes "Oh Santa, Oh Santa, Oh Santa is his name." Good to know we're teaching him the true meaning of Christmas.

When McKenzie saw the Santa at our ward party she gasped "I think he's the real one." (Kudos to whoever the ward Santa is. He's really good)

And of course Hailey always has a gem or two up her sleeve. In the car on the way home I asked her what she told Santa. "I told him I was good." Trying to tease her I asked "Oh, were you telling him the truth? Did you tell him how you scratched Greg?" Very matter of factly she replied, "No I lied so I'd get more presents." Good old Hay she tells it like it is.

4 comments:

Campbells said...

That is hilarious! I love that Hay has not changed a bit, makes me miss her a little less knowing we are not missing much new stuff with her, although every day is an adventure with her. I also love how kids sing wrong words to songs, Maddie sings a strange version of Called to Serve, and has for so long that sometimes when I am singing it, I get confused of what the right words are!

Smelly Moose said...

Holy cow, that's so funny! Kids are great! MaryAnn asked where Santa's mouth was :) It was pretty hidden by all that hair.

Shaila Lou said...

Too funny!You always have the best stories to tell of your kids. I forget what my kids say not even an hour after! Dang!

Lou and Jamie said...

I was reading your about us and realized how much Dave and I have in common:) Tell him not to worry about it as I am still working on what I want to be when I grow up too!

PS I would have lied about being good to get more presents when I was a kid too:) Your kids are incredible and I am really happy to keep up with them and you guys.