Thursday, October 23, 2008

Chronic Lateness

So you all know how I'm always late to everything and therefore my entire family is always late to everything including church. So this past Sunday we were on time for once. As in we heard the announcements on time. Something we haven't done in months. Usually we stroll in seconds before the Sacrament Prayer and hang out in the foyer until after Sacrament is passed. This means Greg only has to wait a few minutes to break into his snack bar he's brought along and we miss all the opening stuff. So as we're raising our arm for releasings and sustainings Greggers keeps asking me what I'm doing. And he keeps asking louder and louder "mom why you waving like that" "who you waving at?" I'm trying to tell him what's going on but he just keeps asking louder and louder. I'm thinking its quite apparant to those immediately around us that we aren't here for sustainings too often. Then he's freaking out that he can't have his snacks. See we have this rule that he can't have his snack until after Sacrament is passed. Being on time probably made the time until snacks seem like an eternity to a 2 year old. Now he's yelling "is it done yet?" Because usually he doesn't witness anything other than Sacrament being brought into the foyer. I was hoping that even though it seemed really loud no one else actually heard my son's announcement that the Huisman family is chronically late. No such luck. When I went into the foyer with Connor later a woman that had been sitting near us joked about Greg's commentary earlier. So there you have it. My lateness has gotten so bad that my son thinks church is some snacks followed by nursery.

4 comments:

Shaila Lou said...

Cute family picture! Brady is such an awesome photographer!

Too funny. Kids sure do know how to embarrass us. And to think, that we only thought our parents were the embarrassing ones! Ha

Mandy said...

At least you are not alone. We've sure missed you guys back in the cheap seats. I've been behind on your blog apparently. I loved the Mississippi post. I'm still so jealous you got to go! Your family picture is adorable? Brady took those? I want to see more!

Porter Family said...

I love your new layout and picture! You guys look so good! Don't worry about church. It could always be worse, right?

Smelly Moose said...

AHHAHAHAH, so funny! I didn't hear him :) This story made me smile though, ah the joys of little children :)