Sunday, September 7, 2008

10 years and a herd of kids later....

Friday we celebrated our 10th anniversary! I have to say if you want to feel your age get all dressed up, act surprised your nice dress is too tight (I swear its not the icecream), ditch your 4 kids with a sitter (thanks Carrie and Scott), then jump into your sporty minivan for an exciting night out. You can only be gone as long as the baby can stretch. Extra points if your van's mysterious transmission and electrical problems act up. Be sure to get home early so you can go to bed for work the next day. Ahh adulthood.
Its been a great 10 years. I'm blessed to have such a wonderful husband. He may be the shyest guy on the planet but that works since I talk too much. I knew I'd marry him right after I met him. An experience on our second date that showed me what a great dad he'd be clinched it. I'm so glad I have him in my life. I can't wait for 10 more years (and no more kids, cross your fingers everyone)

5 comments:

Mandy said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Sounds like you had a blast. I've never heard the second date story that made you realize he'd be a good dad I don't think. You should tell it. It's weird being back at school with everyone gone. Sure you don't want to move back????

Shaila Lou said...

Happy anniversary! 10 years...craziness!! Sounds like lots of exciting fun as always for you!

Porter Family said...

You have a SPORTY minivan?? Where do I find one of those? AWESOME!! I can't believe you two have been married 10 years. That's incredible. And Liz, if you haven't figured out how to NOT have kids, just give me a ring and I'll walk you through the process. :)

Bratton Family said...

Hard to believe that 10 years has passed by huh! I still remember when you went off to school. Man, we're gettin' old. Years are just passing by. Happy anniversary girlie.

Bratton Family said...

Hard to believe that 10 years has passed by huh! I still remember when you went off to school. Man, we're gettin' old. Years are just passing by. Happy anniversary girlie.