Monday, May 19, 2008

Getting Bald

Sitting in church Hailey noticed one of my hairs on her dress. She asked why my hair was on her and I told her that sometimes pieces of my hair fall out. She said "why are you getting bald like Baba?" After a good laugh I tried to explain how we just lose hair and it doesn't mean we're going bald. This led to a discussion of people we know who are obviously bald like uncle Scott and Baba. Then I mentioned that Da was losing his hair because he is going bald, she thought this was pretty funny then said very matter of factly "Oh because he's getting old like Baba."


Thanks "mama Nikki" ! Here's Gregger's new and improved big boy bed. Nikki made him a Cars blanket and pillow case after noticing that the poor child had a princess pillow case. Well he does have two big sisters and truthfully I don't always think about things like that. I just give him whatever with no thought of its a boy or girl thing. He loves race cars. When I'm writing something quickly he thinks I'm driving a race car and will try to take the pencil yelling "my wanna drive!"
All the kids in the fire truck at preschool graduation. I thought Greg had died and gone to heaven. He's still talking about the fire truck nonstop. Apparantly this is an important milestone in his life.

Kenzie in the fireman suit.


A probable glimpse into Hailey's teenage years right here. Its just a matter of time.


Miss Ana, Hailey, Miss Miriam and Miss Sara
We went down to Pullman so Hailey could attend graduation at her old preschool. She misses it so much down there. She still cries that she wants to go home to her old house. Poor Ha misses her friends so much.


Georgey, Malcolm, Hailey and Maddie after graduation.


One afternoon while I was busy Hailey thought it would be a good idea to glue these pom poms to her face. You never know with this kid.


So Greggers was quite convinced that Dave's birthday was his birthday. Very insistent on that actually. He just kept going on about it for days, every time he heard us talk about Dave's party he thought for sure we were talking about him. Naturally he insisted on a "ka-chow" party. So we took him to the party store and bought Cars party stuff and he hopped right up there to blow out those candles. Dave was a good sport and let Greg think the parties were all about him.



Hailey finally learned to pump on the swings. She's so proud of herself.


Greg likes to "swim" in the gravel at the playground structure by our apartment. I guess there's not much else for him to do since most of its broken and the manager doesn't seem to overly concerned about that. A few weeks ago the chain on a swing actually rusted through and broke while a kid was swinging the thing sat there for two weeks. Finally Hailey cut her finger on it and I took it down and trashed it. (Good thing for tetanus shots I guess) Krista may have been rude sometimes but at least she took care of things.



3 comments:

Campbells said...

That is so funny that Ha is comparing Da to your dad!!! I laughed about that one. Greggers was so cute in his new bed. He looks much more manly in his cars bed than he did in his angel (or whatever you said it was) pillowcase. Also, I highly doubt Ha will end up getting arrested!:)

Mandy said...

It was so good to see you guys at the graduation! Pullman feels more normal when you guys are there. I loved the one of Greggers "swimming" in the sand. What a funny kid.

Shaila Lou said...

Nikki did a great job on the bedding! How thoughtful of her to think that Greg needed some boy stuff of his own. When the movie first came out, Malcolm was obsessed with it too.

Love the picture of Greg swimming the gravel. Kids are so cute and funny!