Monday, April 21, 2008

Cars, cars, cars

My girls have always played mommy with their dolls and acted out scenes from princess movies, but I never thought I'd see Greg do the same thing with cars. Greggers is totally obsessed with cars. He drives them around the house all day, car in one hand, blanky in the other. He lines them all up and yells "lets wace!" then makes vroomings noises and yells "I win!" Or they greet each other and have conversations. I don't know what they talk about but I can occasionally make out the words "Kachow" and "let's wace". He loves to reenact parts of the movie Cars. He chases around the toy bus with his Lightening McQueen yelling "wait Mac wait." Then he wedges his car in the ottoman and yells for Mater to come help. Then he races over with his Mater in a panic to save McQueen. Its pretty funny. Interesting to see how he interprets relationships with a matchbox car. To him they talk and have feelings. He likes to put them in a backpack and take them in the other room to "school" with him.

My chunky little monkey. He's happiest late at night. This was about 11 at night. Cute but cuts into my sleep more than a bit.

Another Hailey original.

Greg out riding his bike. He insists on wearing his helmet like the girls do for his tiny bike.




Kenzie and her build a bear she made with her birthday money.

5 comments:

shurnuandbeagsly said...

Fun stuff! I love the originality of each child. Hailey is definately one of the most unique ones I've ever met! let's meet and walk soon!

Shaila Lou said...

My boys do the same thing. I think the movie helped them give the cars voices. Malcolm started playing with cars when he was only 6 months...it took Quinn longer to like them. Love all the updated pictures! Conner is getting so big!

Mandy said...

Too cute! I need your email address so I can send you an invite to the boys' party. It's this Saturday, kinda short notice, just at the house up there. Ummm....I'll just call you tomorrow!

Campbells said...

Oh, Greggers, we miss him! What a cutie. I am eager to see how different boys are, in the newborn stage they seem about the same besides you get peed on occasionally. Love Hays outfit!

Heather said...

We love car here also. Mason loves Lightening McQueen and Red. I don't know how I would get through a day with out them! Love Hays outfut. Never know she may become a fashion designer:)