Monday, March 24, 2008

Oh the Joy!


So this afternoon while I'm on the computer the girls are happily jumping away on my bed and Greg decides to join them. Now my bed is really high, so he gets up on it by climbing on a stool, then swing his leg over the organizer attachment on the pack and play. Then he stands in the pack and play and climbs up on my bed to jump with the girls while I ask them sweetly to please get down. Suddenly Hailey says "Greggers is stinky." I was sure she was wrong since I'd already dealt with that for today. Well lo and behold not only is he stinky but he's also apparently has diarrhea because it ran down his leg and left a really disgusting trail on his trek up to my bed. And also where ever he jumped. Image my joy when I discovered that mess to clean up. Also pretty glad I went for those cheapo Walmart diapers whose entire purpose seems to be to just provide a different exit down the legs of a sick child. All I could do was laugh about it. To top it off Greg had no nap today because he finally climbed out of his crib and thought it would be more fun to sit on the floor and read than nap. And I wonder why my sister doesn't want kids.

3 comments:

chuck and april said...

my heart seriously went out for you today. you are tougher and nicer than i am. i don't laugh at things like that!! hope he's better today. looks like easter was a blast too. i still have to get our easter pics up on our blog. i'm behind.....

Porter Family said...

Liz, Bud and I still aren't lauging about diarrhea stories. Well, at least Bud isn't because he had to clean it up, but I think it's hilarious! I can't believe you moved away from Nik! Hope you guys are having fun. We miss you!

Shaila Lou said...

Oh that is so sad...and kinda funny too. You are way better then me to laugh it off! I would be way frustrated and mad. (Not at the sick child of course!) Sometimes we just have to laugh things off to keep ourselves sane though. A lot of my family have had this diarrhea and throwing up, I sure hope we don't get it!!

Oh and the kids all look so cute in the Easter outfits!